Dr. Jennifer Rakus
PERSONAL: Dr. Rakus is married to Dr. Patrick Hackett. They have five children. Dr. Rakus enjoys spending time with her family and in her free time likes to run, hike, garden, read and cook.
• Graduate of the University of Windsor in 1988 with a Bachelors Degree in Human Kinetics.
• Graduated from the National College of Chiropractic in 1992 with a Bachelors Degree in Human Biology and a Doctorate of Chiropractic.
• Certified in Acupuncture in 1996 from the National-Lincoln School of Postgraduate Education.
• Board Certified Chiropractic Physician by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
• Dr. Rakus has kept abreast of the most recent research on nutrition and acupuncture, as well as the most recent research in weight loss, weight management and wellness care.
• 2000-present: chiropractor, nutritionist, acupuncturist at Modern Health and Wellness of Hamden
• 1992-1999: chiropractor, acupuncturist, Advanced Chiropractic Specialists, River Grove, IL
- Nutritional counseling for weight loss, diabetes and heart disease prevention and management
- Acupuncture for headaches, back pain, joint pain, weight loss
- Wellness and preventive care
- Family care
- Orthopedic injuries (spine and extremities)