Dr. Jennifer Rakus
PERSONAL: Dr. Rakus is married to Dr. Patrick Hackett. They have five children: Spencer, Natalie, Hannah, Sawyer and Chase. Dr. Rakus enjoys spending time with her family and in her free time likes to run, hike, garden, read and cook.
• Graduate of the University of Windsor in 1988 with a Bachelors Degree in Human Kinetics.
• Graduated from the National College of Chiropractic in 1992 with a Bachelors Degree in Human Biology and a Doctorate of Chiropractic.
• Certified in Acupuncture in 1996 from the National-Lincoln School of Postgraduate Education.
• Board Certified Chiropractic Physician by the National Board of Chiropractic Examiners.
• Dr. Rakus has kept abreast of the most recent research on nutrition and acupuncture, as well as the most recent research in weight loss, weight management and wellness care.
• 2000-present: chiropractor, nutritionist, acupuncturist at Modern Chiropractic of Hamden
• 1992-1999: chiropractor, acupuncturist, Advanced Chiropractic Specialists, River Grove, IL
- Nutritional counseling for weight loss, diabetes and heart disease prevention and management
- Acupuncture for headaches, back pain, joint pain, weight loss
- Wellness and preventive care
- Family care
- Orthopedic injuries (spine and extremities)